Friday, May 14, 2010

Passion

Everyone has a passion in their lives - something they are devoted towards. Over the years, I have come to realize agriculture is my passion. I have been very active in FFA and 4-H, and have loved every moment of it. I was also the Delaware County Pork Queen where I had several opportunities to promote agriculture; they were experiences I truly enjoyed. I thirst for agricultural related knowledge, and am looking forward to furthing my education in agriculture in the future. My passion is much different from what Annie Cannon's was. Her's was astronomy, specifically cataloging stars. Her work was instrumental in the development of stellar classification. She is credited with creating the Harvard Classification Scheme, which classified start based on their temperatures. She is a well respected astronomer who didn't always have the best working conditions. I hope I am as dedicated to my major in the future as what Annie Cannon was to hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment